Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Jo and Corey's Nautical Invitations


Jo and Corey must be one of my most favorite couples that I've worked with so far. I haven't met them yet because they live overseas but I'm really looking forward to doing so. Jo is South African and Corey Australian. They met working on a cruise yacht a few years ago and in March next year they are getting married.

You should have seen the pictures of how Corey proposed. When they came to South Africa to meet Jo's family, they went on a safari in hot air balloons. Corey printed a huge sign saying "Marry me Jo"... I wish I could have seen Jo's face when she spotted the sign on the ground. The game ranger then organized champagne and snacks for them to celebrate.... Isn't that such an original way of proposing? Love it..

For their wedding invites they wanted something that represented who they are: sailors, surfers and sea lovers :) Jo's favorite color is yellow so the invites included this color besides navy blue and aqua green... They also asked me to include their emblem, which both have tattooed on their bodies, and which I'm sure we'll use throughout their wedding stationery. The emblem of Camargue, a very special place in France for the bridal couple. compromises a cross, heart and anchor and stands for faith, love and hope. 
The 3 card suit was tight with a rustic, marine ribbon and packed in an envelope with their guest details printed and the emblem stamped on the front.

I hope you like them too! I can't wait to start working on the stationery for their wedding day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment